Monday, October 29, 2012

Chili with a 100% Chance of Blizzard!

It's been a whirlwind 6 months since my last post (I know, I'm a posting wimp) and things have changed dramatically for me! I've actually been able to create a career for myself out of thin air by making and selling silver coin rings at fairs and festivals all across VA & WV.

This past 2 weekends have been back at my starting point - Hinton, WV and the 46th Annual Railroad Days event. This year, I was fortunate to be able to perform music with my band (The UnEvenSteveN Band) for both Sundays!
I've been doing these RR Days weekends in October since 1993 and it occurred to me (this past spring) that I could go do the same thing at other events in the region... so, I did! I'm learning and getting better at it every weekend.

This coming weekend is going to be one of my last two outdoor events for 2012, it's a Chili Festival at Smith Mountain Lake near Moneta, VA on Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012. Right this minute, I'm in WV facing a blizzard warning for the next 24 hours, or so, but Saturday is supposed to be sunny and 53* with 0% chance of precip in Moneta. I hope it works out just that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment