Saturday, January 14, 2012

Coercing a silver half dollar into becoming something else it may or may not want to become...

Back to blogging - and on a Saturday night (yes, I should be out somewhere, but that's another blog - another day). This one's about having my way with a silver coin. A silver Kennedy half dollar coin, to be specific. Go here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Coin-Ring-Handmade-Real-US-1964-Kennedy-HALF-BUCK-Size-8-1-4-/300650528990?pt=Gemstone_Rings&hash=item46002b00de , read this, and maybe it'll all make sense to you then.


Lately, I've taken to beating the crap out of old silver coins and convincing them to become some entirely new thing, a coin ring that you can wear (on your finger, I imagine). I enjoy doing this and freely admit it here in public. I feel no regret, as these are not pristine old coins that have never been touched before, they've all been around a bit... been out on the streets and in people's pants pockets and old ladies purses and who knows where. Nudge, nudge - wink, wink, say no more. I've decided to expose them to all this mess on the Internet and I know they'll hold up to it quite nicely. Actually, these rings will still be around long after I'm not.

In case this still makes little to no sense to you - go to my website for further enlightenment.
http://wemakesilvercoinrings.com/

Steve

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work! For those that are fan of silver rings you can also use this website for latest collection of designs.

    Silver Rings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a weird & wonderful idea to make unique silver rings. I have so many coins that went through the dryer or got squashed, then I don’t know what to do with old coins that are faded. What a wonderful way of wearing silver rings money!

    ReplyDelete